Friday 30 December 2022

Winter polytunnel chores


Alex and I have both been ill over the holidays, I suspect having picked up RSV -- runny nose, bad cough, lethargy, low-grade fever. We are not used to being sick. We couldn't muster the energy to do much, go anywhere, see anything. Yesterday and today, I finally started cleanup in the polytunnel slowly. I weeded the two empty beds, pruned the fruit trees, and watered. There was quite a lot of damage during the arctic cold snap. The tender shoots at the tops of plants suffered. My two Brugmansias melted as did all the remaining tomato plants. So I've been yanking and getting ready to replace. 

The good news is that the indoor grapevine, which I thought was fried to death in the summer, is already budding. I forgot to prune it today, but there's not much to do there. Next week, I start in the vineyard. 

Peaches on the left, lemon on the right

The avocado at centre stage

Orange, prolific but bitter


Snip and it's gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment