Saturday 22 April 2023

Amazing weather

Rondo is furthest ahead


We have had multiple days of sunny, occasionally windy but generally warm, weather. The vines are coming on very well. Alex spent the day straightening stems, replacing uprights, and pinching buds. He also mowed the vineyard for the first time this season. It really needed it. 

Meanwhile, I am trying to learn more every day, but we've been so busy with commitments that it's been hard to find the time. Now that I have backed off from my OCC commitments and have settled my Ukrainian families in their new homes, I am hoping to have more time for me and my happy place gardens. 

The Albarino vines are mostly alive but not thriving and at least four plants are dead. I will cut shoots from the healthy plants and see if I can replace the ones that died on their own rootstocks. 

Solaris

Chardonnay

Pinot Noir has brown spots on leaves

Albarino still tightly bound



No comments:

Post a Comment