Friday 5 January 2024

Rain, rain go away


Today, the forecast was for sunshine but what we got was on-and-off rain. It started out sunny and gentle which gave me hope about starting to prune in the vineyard. We had gotten one apple tree and the crabapple pruned over the past couple of days. Just as I wanted to go out, the skies would open. When I got into some task inside, the sun would come out. So no outdoor work today. 

Since Alex is in Dublin, and I was feeling a bit under the weather, I cleaned out the linen closet and my office and transported all the excess linens, furnishings, and artworks to the shed. In between showers, of course. It was a lot of stuff.

I managed to take a few dramatic photos of the Holy Mountain and the vineyard along the way. We didn't manage to bottle the wine before Alex's departure. He's away next at the boy's weekend so it won't be until next week that we get to the white wine and remaining cider.





No comments:

Post a Comment