We awoke to raindrops on the windows. Alex had sprinkles coming in through the open window. It's been so long since we had any rain that it felt strange. Ghostie was running around and crying, "It's wet out there". Hallelujah, is my response!
I am finally able to access the monthly climate data on my phone, but I cannot copy it. Newport had 143.6 mm of rain in June compared with 153.8 last year and 93.6 mm LTA. July so far has had 21.2 mm rain in Newport Furnace, but I'm sure we haven't had it here in Kilmeena. It has been weeks since we've had any rain. The lawn has not needed mowing in weeks.
The mean temp for June was 14.7C compared with 14.9C for last year and 14.2C LTA.
Is this the new pattern for a very wet winter and spring, with drought in the summer? It seems likely.

No comments:
Post a Comment