Friday 9 April 2021

Maybe we'll try tequila next


We have been growing agaves indoors and some have become huge. One I left outside over the winter this year as I was getting tired of lugging it in and out and it was just getting too big, like 'little shop of horrors'. Alex's mom had a giant one in the greenhouse which we donated to one of the gardeners at Bloom last year. I had not realised that tequila or mezcal are made from the agave plant or I wouldn't have been giving them away. 

So now that the agave has been planted in the garden, and I have several potted plants with many babies, perhaps climate change will mean we can harvest the heart of the agaves we grow and make tequila, too. Just saying. No waste!




And there are more in the greenhouse. How many agaves does it take to make a bottle of tequila? Looks like I have some morning learning to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment