Wednesday 5 January 2022

What a beautiful day!

It was a gorgeous day right from the start. Puffy clouds, gentle breeze, reflecting colours, cold and crisp but not unpleasant. Ghosty and I got to work mid-morning. First up -- the polytunnel.

Did some weeding and turning of the soil surface. Fed the plants with fulvic acid to strengthen their resistance to moulds. Checked on the progress of growth (lettuce seeds have sprouted and peas will soon be ready). Pulled a few dead plants. 

Then we had lunch and moved on to the vineyard. I made good progress on pruning the vines. Completed the long row of Solaris and finished the Chardonnay. Will probably need some edits when I review what I did as I tend to be a bit conservative the first time around. 

The only vines left to prune are the short row of Solaris and the Albarino, which really don;t need it yet. 

I was also tying things up and trying to use the new tool Alex gave me for Christmas but I just couldn't get it to work for me. 

The weather is going to turn bad tomorrow for the next few days, so I am glad I made progress today. 











No comments:

Post a Comment