Saturday 23 July 2022

Rain, finally!

I never thought I'd be hoping for it to rain in Ireland. But I have been. I've been watering the gardens daily over the past week but not the orchard or vineyard. It was getting might dry up there. Overnight, we got heavy rain -- 4.8 mm registered in Newport. It will continue to rain through tomorrow. Two days should hopefully make a big difference. 

And it's warm and humid -- almost tropical feeling. Very weird. We don't do tropical in Ireland, although I did buy a date palm at Lidl this week -- it was only €4.99 half price and I couldn't resist. It's now in the polytunnel. 

I've been watering in the polytunnel above and beyond the drip sprinkler system because it has been so dry. Of course, I did not think of watering today because it's raining outside, duh!  I'll do it tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment