Friday 7 July 2023

The Doors

Father and son arrived today to install the doors. They are in, they are fine. Are they finished?  No. Still need to paint some stuff and finish off the cement under the doors which were just s smidgen too short. 

The colour of the doors is a bit off from the rest of the green components but we don't mind. We'll hardly notice after a bit. 

Alex finished the fence today while I removed the spent raspberry canes. The flies are out in droves, which is annoying as hell. Green ban helps somewhat. 

It's been windy and on/off wet all day, but tonight will be very intense. Wind in the 40-knot range and heavy rain. The shed makes creepy noises from time to time as the metal expands and contracts. I guess the conditions overnight will let us know how well-built it is, but I do think it's about as solid as it gets. 

I'm getting used to the size and its exciting to see all the things we have built here, including really good lives. Alex set up tables and chairs for the CBOC workers to count oysters but they didn't need them. At least we now have facility. 

I continue in my role as Chief Butterfly Rescuer and every day I release multiple flutterbys from the polytunnel and curiously my office. I had a giant black butterfly in my office yesterday and others almost every day for the past week.

The Vanessa grapes in the polytunnel are almost ready for harvest. I harvested my first lemon today. I plan to make lemonade. Our first broccoli is ready for dinner and the grapes in the vineyard are coming along great. I love this place. 

The probate for Alex's mother's will came through yesterday, so lots of activity will follow. Perhaps it will all come to a close at last. 














No comments:

Post a Comment