Sunday 25 February 2024

Buds are growing


It was another beautiful day and I spent some time transplanting seedlings and preparing trays for more seeds to be started. 


I then took a walk to the shed and across to the vineyard where I hadn't been for a couple of weeks. The earth is quite squidgy but Alex has put down seaweed as fertilizer. I pulled grass and weeds and rushes from the vines. Behold, the grapevines' buds are swelling already. I read today that the cherry blossoms in Japan are blooming a full month earlier than normal due to a warm spell. I wonder if we will notice a difference with bud break?

Rondo

Solaris

Chardonnay

Pinot Noir

Young Solaris

Squidgy earth, but the grass needs cutting already.

Seaweed at the base of the vines. 

Croagh Patrick imposing as always.


My Irish gate. 

Warning!

Apple tree bud break. 


No comments:

Post a Comment