Wednesday 24 August 2022

Carlsberg reveals new fiber bottle



Danish beer maker, Carlsberg, has been working with partner Avantium to create a bio-based fibre bottle that is fully recyclable and produces 80% less CO2 than a disposable glass bottle. They introduced their new bottle at SailGP to get input from thirsty sailors. They say it would decompose completely in compost within a year. 

I'm not sure I'd want to drink from the bottle, given that I really dislike the texture of paper straws. And I'm not sure how it would work for wine, but I imagine you could make interesting surface designs and perhaps even print the bottle completely. You cannot see the liquid within, which I'd say could be a detriment for wine lovers. Yet, to reduce carbon footprint, not only in the manufacture of glass but also I imagine in lower transport costs, might outweigh any negatives. 

I applaud the effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment