Thursday 7 September 2023

Brix getting there!

 


It's definitely starting to look like Autumn in the vineyard, with grapes ripening and leaves turning colour. I checked the sugar content of the grapes again today and I came away with consistent 18-20 Brix readings of multiple samples for both Rondo and Solaris. All very prolific and the Solaris more tasty than the Rondo for my palate. 

I am projecting harvest for early next week for the Rondo. At 20 Brix, it will be adequate to produce a robust red wine. We are to have rain over the weekend after several days of brilliant sunshine and two days of hot temperatures (25C). I hope they don't get too diluted. At least we shouldn't get raisins this year. 

I think we'll hold off until the white grapes reach 22 on the Brix scale to ensure good composition and 12-14 ABV.  Can't wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment