Tuesday 26 September 2023

Cleaning up

 

Pinot Noir

Yesterday, I checked on the vineyard and found several Pinot Noir vines had broken free from their posts in the last episode of wind. So I tied them up before the massive storm that may hit us tomorrow. In the process, I found one bunch of grapes still tiny and hard and nowhere near veraison. Oh well, I hope that's not a sign of things to come with the Pinot. I remain hopeful. 

I removed all the CDs I could spot, most of which were so twisted around the vines and wires that I had to cut them free. I had washed the white bags and yesterday removed any remaining grapes inside the bags, folded them neatly, and put them away for next year. I also retrieved the green bags from the storage box in the vineyard. I am those today and may fold those, too, but there's an awful lot of them. Three garbage bags full. That will be a chore. I am washing them stuffed into mesh bags for delicate laundry. 

We are supposed to be getting tons of rain and high wind tomorrow from Storm Agnes, but it's sunny, still, and warm here at the moment. They said it might not reach us if it wobbles a bit. Met Eireann has issued orange warnings for Cork and Kerry. 

The roses in the vineyard are about to bloom massively. I hope Agnes doesn't ruin the show. 


Three huge bags stuffed full of green mesh bags

Two loads in delicate wash bags


No comments:

Post a Comment