Thursday 17 August 2023

Painting and other meaningless tasks


Sometimes, it is just really good to do something mindless. Like painting a fence. Something that lets that earworm work overtime. My default earworm is the Battle Hymn of the Republic for some unknown and bizarre reason. But this week, I've had a few more recent tunes on a loop in my head, including U2's I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Is there meaning in this? I'm about halfway done so I'd say I have three more days of mindless brush strokes to restore order in my brain. 

Alex put up an extra kite in the vineyard and started tying the bags onto the grape clusters but gave up when he got to this:

I'll go in tomorrow and bag the individual clusters I can find, especially the gorgeous Solaris. I'm still confused by the fact that we had no Solaris last year and tons of grapes this year. Fortunately, there is no indication of mold despite the roses having been affected last month - the wettest July on record. Perhaps the Galician method of overhead trellis training really does work. 

I ordered and paid for the first of the equipment for the winery today. We are buying via Thomas Walk with his guidance. He likes Alex who lived in Germany and has German roots. We'll have to go see his vineyard in Cork one day if he lets us. He doesn't usually do tours. I have a feeling Thomas is more of hermit than I am. 







No comments:

Post a Comment