Tuesday 8 August 2023

Veraison progressing quickly


Today, I worked in the vineyard all afternoon cutting away leaves to let the sun reach the grape clusters. I was horrified to see how quickly veraison is progressing. As I mentioned before, last year we noticed it on the 24th of August. It's way too soon. I'm not sure what's going on. 

It has started becoming noticeably darker in the evenings now, so perhaps rapid onset of veraison is not a bad sign. It was the warmest July on record globally, so perhaps our hunch is paying off. I'm not sure if I should be happy about that, but I'll take any good news at this stage, what with glaciers melting, fires raging, and storms intensifying. 

Rondo

Solaris

Pinot Noir leaves turning red

Happy seat in the vineyard

Expansive views

View through the chestnut and hedgerow


Fencing to let the donkeys into the field

Ghostie supervising

Ghost loves the shed

Ghost having a grand time

My birthday present from Alex in the polytunnel

We adopted Meike's garden visitors

I never get tired of this view

No comments:

Post a Comment